- Last Updated: September 1, 2023
- Click here for archived versions
SiteOwl provides a SaaS-based platform and various mobile apps (as modified, collectively, the “Mobile Apps”) and together with the SaaS-based platform, as modified, collectively, the “SiteOwl Platform”) for building and maintaining commercial security, audio and fire systems (as modified, the “Security Systems Services”) for its end-user customers and service provider customers and their respective employees and business, technical and other users, including their authorized service providers and authorized clients, and other users that have been authorized by Customer to access and use the Security Systems Services.
- Access or use the Site.
- Engage with our chatbot or live agent to contact us or to get more information about SiteOwl.
- Sign-up for a demonstration of the Security Systems Services.
- Download any of our eBooks.
- Fill out any forms.
- Send an e-mail, text and other electronic messages through any of the SiteOwl Services to SiteOwl.
This policy also applies to information that we collect through services provided to us or to you by third-party companies, agents or contractors.
This policy does not apply to information (a) collected by us, or provided by you, when you access or use the SiteOwl Platform or the Security Systems Services or (b) collected by third parties not controlled by SiteOwl, including through any link that may be accessible from or through the SiteOwl Services.
Minors under the Age of 18
Neither the Site nor any of the other SiteOwl Services are intended directly for minors under 18 years of age (or under the age of majority in your jurisdiction of residence). No one under age 18 (or the age of majority in your jurisdiction of residence) may provide any information on or through the Site or any of the other SiteOwl Services. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on or through any of the SiteOwl Services or any of their features or register on the Site, use any of the interactive or public comment features of any of the SiteOwl Services or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name, username you may use or any pictures of you. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13 without the consent from a parent or legal guardian, please contact us at email@example.com.
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We collect or may collect several types of information if you visit, access and use the Site or any of the other SiteOwl Services, including information by which you may be personally identified:
- When you fill in forms or applications on or through the Site, name, email address, phone number, company name and job title;
- When you sign-up for a demonstration of the Security Systems Services, name, email address, phone number, company name and job title;
- Details of activities that you carry out through the Site or any of the other SiteOwl Services.
- Device and internet information such as the hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, browser type and language information;
- Analytics information when you access or use any of the SiteOwl Services; and/or
- Information that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as the date and time of your website visit.
- Report a problem or concern with the Site or any of the other SiteOwl Services; and/or
- Contact us (records and copies of your correspondence, including email address).
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through or use the Site or any of the other SiteOwl Services.
- From third parties, such as our business partners and other third parties that provide us or you with certain services.
We may also collect information from and about you when you:
We collect this information:
Some of the information that we collect automatically may be statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties or you provide to us. This information helps us to improve the Site and the other SiteOwl Services, and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including 3 enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and better understand usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, enabling us to customize the Site according to your individual settings
- Recognize you when you return to the Site.
Certain situations may also involve you calling us or our calling you. Please be aware that we may monitor, and in some cases, record such calls for staff training or quality assurance purposes.
We take every reasonable step to limit the volume of your personal information that we process to what is reasonably necessary.
Consequences of not providing Personal Information
If you do not provide certain personal information identified in this policy, we may not be able to provide you access to or use of certain of SiteOwl Services or the support that we otherwise could if you do provide this personal information.
How We Use Your Information
- Schedule and provide demonstrations of the Security Systems Services and other SiteOwl Services;
- When you sign-up for a demonstration of the Security Systems Services, name, email address, phone number, company name and job title;
- To send you promotional communications, such as providing you with information about services, features, surveys, newsletters, offers and events; and providing other news or information about us, our customers and our select partners.
- To enable marketing, remarketing and targeted advertising and similar services from us, including direct and indirect marketing and on-line behavioral advertising regarding our own and third party products and services that we believe may be of interest to you, including advertisement on third-party websites.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- Enhance the safety and security of all of the SiteOwl Services;
- Comply with a legal or regulatory obligation;
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information; or
- For any other purpose with your consent.
You can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Preferences page, and if you want to, you can opt out of interest-based advertising entirely by cookie settings or permanently using a browser plugin.
We do not combine information collected through the use of Google Analytics with your personal information.
We use various Zoho applications (the “Zoho Applications”) in connection with sales, marketing, customer success, support and finance, including, its helpdesk application, marketing application and accounting application.
We also use the Zoho Applications to store contacts.
We use technology from Outbrain. Outbrain is a programmatic ad platform (similar to Google ads) which allows us to set up campaigns to present our content in the form of ads on other websites. These ads could be blogs, eBooks or any other form of content that we want to put it front of an audience.
With the help of a so-called widget, users are referred to additional content within our website and to websites of third parties which may also be of interest to you. The content displayed in the Outbrain widget is automatically controlled and delivered by Outbrain in terms of content and technology. Reading recommendations, usually integrated below an article, are determined based on the content the user has read so far.
Do Not Track Policy
We do not honor any web browser “Do Not Track” signals or other mechanisms that allow you to signal to operators of websites and web applications and services (including behavioral advertising services) that you do not wish such operators to track certain of your online activities over time and across different websites. At present, no universally accepted standards exist on how companies should respond to do-not- track signals. In the event a final universally accepted standard is established, we will assess and provide an appropriate response to these signals.
Third-party Responsibilities and Services
SiteOwl may use or partner with third-party companies, agents or contractors for various purposes in connection with our business and operations (e.g., storage of data and other information, CRM, the marketing and growth of our business and the performance of services on our behalf, such as gathering and analyzing information) (collectively, “Service Providers”). SiteOwl may share your information with these Service Providers, or they may otherwise have access to your information in the course of performing their responsibilities and providing services.
These Services Providers may have adopted their own privacy policies, which are not subject to control by SiteOwl. You should always review the policies of these Service Providers to make sure that you are comfortable with the ways in which they collect, use, maintain, protect and disclose your information. We do not list our current Service Providers because they change from time to time. If you would like the names of any of Service Providers, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not have any control over that or how they collect, use, maintain, protect and disclose your information. Please be aware that cookies placed by third parties may continue to track your activities online even after you have stopped visiting, accessing or using the Site or using any of the SiteOwl Services, and those third parties may not honor “Do Not Track” requests you have set using your web browser.
Storage and Transfer of Your Information
We may store information that we collect (personal or otherwise) ourselves or in databases and servers owned and maintained by us, our affiliates, agents or Service Providers. If you access or use the Site or any of the other SiteOwl Services outside of the United States, information that we collect about you may be transferred to servers inside the United States and maintained in accordance with this policy. By allowing SiteOwl to collect information about you, you consent to such transfer and processing of such information without restriction. We may also store some information locally on your computer or other devices. For example, we may store information as local cache so that you can open the Site and view content faster.
Although Users from all over the world may access certain of the SiteOwl Services, keep in mind that no matter where you live or where you happen to use our services, you consent to us processing and transferring information in and to the United States and other countries whose data-protection and privacy laws may offer fewer protections than those in your home country.
Disclosure of Your Information
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- To Service Providers, contractors and other third parties to support and deliver the Site and the other SiteOwl Services but only to the extent necessary for them to provide this support and delivery.
- To a potential or actual buyer, assignee or other successor (including its related advisors and agents) in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of SiteOwl’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by SiteOwl about Users of any of the SiteOwl Services is among the assets that may be or are actually transferred (collectively, a “Change of Control”).
- To our affiliates and business partners.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply the Terms and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of SiteOwl, our Users or others.
We may also disclose your information:
Anonymized or Aggregated Information
Choices About the Use of Your Personal Information to Market to You
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your personal information:
- If you do not wish the Site to use your e-mail address/contact information to market or otherwise promote our own or third parties’ products or services to you, you can opt-out through the unsubscribe mechanism at the bottom of marketing emails. This opt out does not apply to information SiteOwl provides about any of the SiteOwl Services, for example product updates and transactions.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. You may be able to opt out of receiving personalized advertisements from companies who are members of the Network Advertising Initiative or who subscribe to the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising. For more information about this practice and to understand your options, please visit: http://www.aboutads.info and http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/. You may also use TRUSTe’s Preference Manager at http://preferences-mgr.truste.com.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal information
You may change or correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us through your profile (if you have one) or by emailing us at email@example.com. We may need to verify your identity to make any changes.
How Long We Store Your Personal Information
SiteOwl retains personal information only as long as necessary to fulfill the identified purpose or as permitted or required by law, which may extend beyond the termination of our relationship with you.
To dispose of personal information, we may anonymize it, delete it or take other appropriate steps. Information may persist in copies made for backup and business continuity purposes for additional time.
We understand that the security of your personal information is important. We provide administrative, technical, and physical security controls to protect your personal information as required by applicable law and in accordance to good industry practices, including encrypting your personal information at rest and in transit. However, despite our efforts, no security controls are 100% effective. SiteOwl cannot ensure or warrant the security of your personal information. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures for any of the SiteOwl Services.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where you have chosen (or we have given you) a password for access to and use of your account, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask that you not to share your password with anyone.
© Copyright SiteOwl LLC 2022